Ever since I ran my half marathon last Thanksgiving I have really enjoyed races.  I am not quite sure that the COLOR RUN qualifies as a true race because it's so much more fun, but nonetheless it is a 5K.  I ran it with my friends Felicia and Holly.  We had a lot of fun even if we had to sit in traffic to get there and back! Oh Atlanta traffic...yes it is always that bad.  When we finished we were covered in colored powder and looked like human tye dye. 


Here is me and Felicia before!  Notice how clean and white we are.


My support system is always there and I could never be more thankful for that.  Not only does he always encourage me, but he loves to drive me to these things and never complains that he has to hang around and wait for me to finish.


 Here is me after the race! I am covered in colored powder and have it in places one should never have anything. 


This is all of us after the run!  Not only are we glad to be finished, but we are coated in powder. 


The weather could not have been better and the sun kept the temperature in the low 70s.  I had a great time and always enjoy a good run, but I was one happy girl to be home.  I had a date with my hot shower after all. 


After the race we chowded down on some homemade Larabars that I made last night.  Larabars are available at the store and are yummy fruit and nut bars with few ingredients.


This recipe makes about 6 and we toted them with us for a nice snack before lunch.  They are the perfect pre or post workout food because they use whole ingredients, don't have any added sugar, and are the perfect portion.  They are also gluten free.


AND they are boyfriend approved!

Oatmeal Cookie Larabars


This recipe has been modified from Chocolate Covered Katie.

  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup dried dates
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pecans (could use walnuts)

  • In a food processor, pulverize oats then add remaining ingredients.  Process everything until mixture is well blended and sticky.
  • Line a small pan (8 x 8 or smaller) with wax or parchment paper.
  • Press mixture into pan and use another sheet of wax paper on top to ensure that mixture is flat and even.  Continue pressing mixture until flat.
  • Place bars in the freezer for 5-7 minutes or until firm enough to cut with a knife.
  • Cut into bars, shape edges, and ENJOY!
Serves: 6

* You could also skip the bars and roll these into balls.



Leave a Reply



Instagram
Powered By Blogger

Followers

Featured Posts